gnupic: gputils development

Subject: gputils development
From: "David Barnett" ####@####.####
Date: 23 May 2007 23:03:14 +0100

Scott,

A few months ago, we were discussing improvements to gputils, but we didn't have much time to dig in deep.  I poked around in the source code then, but I never got very far, and I've probably forgotten most of what I figured out then.

I know you're probably still busy with your contract projects, but do you have time to discuss a plan of action?  I'd like to figure out any changes we need to make to the pCode format before moving it over, and I'm also still nervous about how side-effects (PCLATH, computed gotos, INDF->PCL) will affect the task of determining basic blocks.

A few other comments about gputils: what's involved in making a new bugfix release for the '$ label clash' bugfix?  I don't think anything's happened toward that end, and if you remember some SDCC users ran into it after the changes were in CVS.  I also think it would be a good idea to move to SVN before any more changes are made.  I don't believe I'm listed as a developer for gputils (username: merc64), and I might need that eventually.  And lastly, I noticed that James Bowman started gpasm in 1997, so this year is (or was) gputils' 10th anniversary.

David