gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Fwd: Patches for gputils-0.13.4

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Fwd: Patches for gputils-0.13.4
From: Andreas Kabel ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jul 2007 18:56:02 +0100

David Barnett wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Xiaofan Chen" ####@####.####

Hi David -- yes, my changes involve the complete toolchain, i.e.,
gpasm can generate either new or old format COFF (with an additional
command-line option) and gplink and gpvo can both handle new and old
format COFFs (and mixes thereof). I'd be happy to reconcile your patches
and mine into a single one. I recently noticed, however, that all
COFF-related stuff is platform-dependent, as it assumes that sizeof(long
int)==4 and sizeof(short)==2, which is not necessarily true. It might
make sense to rework the patch to take care of this issue.

> I'll still be reviewing the changes before I apply
> them, so whether or not you merge the changes, you could directly email
> me any notes or related background info if you want (call it a favor).
>
> About the next release, I'm in the middle of some messy changes
> involving #defines and macro parameters, but I might go ahead and
> release 0.13.5 soon and save those changes for another release. Several
> important changes have been made since the last release, and that was
> almost a year ago besides. I believe many gputils users don't check the
> CVS repository and would appreciate a new release.

I for one didn't check ... BTW, the CVS server given on the sourceforge
is incorrect, it should be pserver:gputils.cvs.sourceforge.net.

> I copied you directly this time since I'm not sure if you're checking
> the gnupic list, but I'd recommend subscribing to it

Yes, I'll do that.

Thanks,

	Andreas