gnupic: Re: [gnupic] #define arguments

Subject: Re: [gnupic] #define arguments
From: David ####@####.####
Date: 7 Oct 2007 16:56:08 +0100

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 11:05:09 -0400
"James A. Cleland" ####@####.#### wrote:

> Is there any chance that the preprocessor will handle arguments in
> coming releases? I've read about this on SF and understand that it's
> not a trivial change, but it would be nice to have.
That feature will almost certainly not make it into the next release.
It's the oldest unresolved feature request on our sourceforge tracker
(from 2002), and AFAIK nobody is actively working on it. However, it's a
very popular request, so it's quite possible someone will be motivated
enough to dive in and implement it eventually. I have to say that it's
not high on my priority list and lately I haven't even gotten to the
things that are high on my list...

Hopefully someone will be peeved enough about the missing feature to
get motivated and do something about it soon, but many have tried and
all have failed. ;)

David Barnett