gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Microchip's pk2cmd software ported to Linux

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Microchip's pk2cmd software ported to Linux
From: Jeff ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2007 06:57:53 +0000

On Tue October 30 2007 22:16, Peter Stuge wrote:

> $ make
> g++ -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2 -DLINUX -DUSE_DETACH -DCLAIM_USB -o cmd_app.o
> -c cmd_app.cpp DeviceData.h:15: error: extra qualification 'CDeviceData::'
> on member 'ClearAllData' DeviceData.h:16: error: extra qualification

As Xiaofan has already pointed out, this is a known problem with Microchip's
code that can be dealt with by using -fpermissive in the Makefile. My intent
at this time was to port pk2cmd to Linux with as few changes to Microchip's
code as possible. As collaboration on this progresses, the goal is to have a
single code base that will compile for all platforms. Walter, and Microchip,
have been very receptive to this idea. Due to limitations on Walter's time,
fully cross-platform code is not likely to occur before the end of the year,
but it was decided to release the Linux port now so that non-Microsoft users
would have it available on their systems.

Indications are that Microchip will be releasing an updated version of pk2cmd
early next year. Xiaofan and I will be involved in the effort to make it
cross-platform and the code will be made available on Microchip's website.

I would like to express my thanks to Walter and Microchip for their support in
making the code cross-platform. Microchip has demonstrated in so many ways
that they are truly interested in helping their customers. Such enlightenment
from corporations is not common these days.

Jeff