gnupic: problems compiling gpsim modules

Subject: Re: problems compiling gpsim modules
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2001 05:14:24 -0000

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Jeethu Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to gpsim. Until now, I've been using Windows as the
> primary development platform. Today, I decided to try GPSIM and
> GPASM. Since I run Redhat 7.1, I downloaded the RPMs.
>
> GPASM works fine. GPSIM too works. But I'm having trouble installing the
> GPSIM Modules found on the GPSIM page. when I 'make' the modules, it fails.
> I presume it needs the GPSIM Source. Am I right ?
>
> Has anyone made RPMs of these modules ?

That's a good idea...

> Or can anyone give me a brief intro to modules in GPSIM ?

I haven't verified this yet (I can't get the gtkextra RPM because
rpmfind appears to be down), but I think what's happening is that the
gpsim modules are searching for the gpsim library and is unable to
find it. To get the RPM to work properly, I had to disable shared
libraries and make gpsim one big binary.

To get around this, I suggest for the time being that you use the tar
ball instead of the rpm. Make sure to uninstall the rpm before
installing tar:

rpm --erase gpsim

Then go ahead and build/install the tar ball:

tar -xzf gpsim-0.20.10.tar.gz
cd gpsim-0.20.10
./configure
make
su
make install

After this the modules should install just fine.
Let me know how it goes.

Scott