gnupic: Re: [gnupic] local labels

Subject: Re: [gnupic] local labels
From: David ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2008 18:18:08 -0000

On Fri, 16 May 2008 17:49:36 +0000
####@####.#### wrote:

> David,
>
> 1. We already have local labels in the macros
Those are supported in MPASM.
> 2. You don't have to use them
No, but you'll have to "clean up" your code (or someone else's) to port
or share it. I just want there to be an automatic "cleanup" so we
don't have people locked in.
> 4. As for not being ready yet, I'm supplying the code.
I meant I don't think we're ready to break compatibility until we have
an option to convert incompatible code to canonical code. For local
labels, that would mean mangling them to include the previous global
label. If you want to provide *that* code, I'll include local labels
right away, but I think that the changes will need to be deep in the
parser. It *will* fit in my plan for 0.14.0.

You can certainly go ahead and upload the patch on the gputils patch
tracker, where anyone's welcome to use it, and I'll include it when the
system is ripe for it.

David