gnupic: Pikdev question

Subject: Pikdev question
From: Phil ####@####.####
Date: 18 May 2008 06:02:43 -0000

Thank you for persevering with my questions.

I have, at long last, narrowed down the source of the gpsim message "no local
symbol table". It's to do with the project files generated by pikdev.
Reducing the problem to its simplest:

If I create a project with only one source file and assemble the project under
pikdev I end up with project_name.cod which does not contain information
about the cblock variables.

A simple workaround is to do this: gpasm source.asm. The cod file then
contains the information needed by gpsim. Not very difficult at all.

I find it simpler to work within a do-it-all development environment rather
than use a series of tools from a toolbox. Is there a way to force pikdev to
generate a project cod file that contains all of the information needed by
the simulator?

Phil