gnupic: Piklab and gpsim question

Subject: Piklab and gpsim question
From: Phil ####@####.####
Date: 23 May 2008 11:33:37 -0000

Thank you again for reading this.

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting gpsim to cooperate with
the IDE, it can't be that difficult surely. I've read the available Piklab
documentation and I'm still none the wiser.

Pressing the "run" or "step" button causes the following dialog box to be
displayed:

"Could not detect supported devices for "GPSim". Please check installation."

The "connect" button is greyed except for a brief period when Piklab first
starts. The "connect" button does display normally if I select a programmer
instead of gpsim.

Selecting the "Programmer Selection" tab shows the following:

Gpsim runs correctly if it's started from the console, as root. Can anyone
suggest where I might going wrong?

Finally, Piklab's generated .cod file causes the following when gpsim is
started from the console. Pikdev also does the same.

"No long symbol table info"

If I run gpasm from the console then the generated .cod file is accepted by
gpsim without any problems.

Phil