gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Current state of Linux Dev Tools for Microchip

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Current state of Linux Dev Tools for Microchip
From: "J. W. Bruce" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Aug 2008 20:59:31 -0000

Yesterday, I tried to build the v3.10 gcc
compiler with patches posted on Nabble.  After
futzing with the build script and fixing some
typos, the build ran to completion.
However, the pic30-elf-gcc program seg-faults
immediately.  (I did manage to get the binutils
programs to work, or at least, they don't
seg-fault.)

Has anyone successfully built v3.10 compiler
for Debian.  I run Ubuntu personally?  I would
rather not have to drop my gcc back to build
the v.3.0x code which reportedly works fine.

Thanks,
jwb

J.W. Bruce, Ph.D.,  Associate Professor
Mississippi State University
406 Hardy Road, Simrall 335
Mississippi State, MS 39762-9571
Office: (662) 325-1530        FAX: (662) 325-2298