gnupic: Re: [gnupic] How to unprotect your PIC so you can retrive that code..

Subject: Re: [gnupic] How to unprotect your PIC so you can retrive that code..
From: Rob Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2008 08:28:52 -0000

On Thursday 07 August 2008, Peter Stuge wrote:

> I think this is worth a read. Not really news but nicely presented. :)

I note the best justification he could come up with for a "legitimate" reason
was that the company were a bunch of complete incompetents who should be
first against the wall when the recession comes. Surely, even if they're so
stupid they've lost all the source code _AND_ the master hex file from which
they program the devices, they'd still have at least one unprotected master
device somewhere!

Microchip are very clear that their code protection feature is not robust
against a really determined cracker. I guess this just proves that.