gnupic: Re: [gnupic] How to unprotect your PIC so you can retrive that code..

Subject: Re: [gnupic] How to unprotect your PIC so you can retrive that code..
From: "David Barnett" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2008 12:27:11 -0000

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Rob Pearce ####@####.#### wrote:

> I note the best justification he could come up with for a "legitimate"
> reason
> was that the company were a bunch of complete incompetents who should be
> first against the wall when the recession comes.

Yep, I think I'd ditch the job if I ever depended on reading the official
machine code off of the device, not to mention modifying it. Maybe comparing
against other HEX files to find the exact rev number would be a little
better, but not a lot.

Anyway, I think he was just having a little fun rather than trying to rescue
the incompetents, and I certainly found the technical details interesting.

For the unobservant, the blog belongs to Andrew "bunnie" Huang, one of the
founders of Chumby.

David