gnupic: Correction - shared variables

Subject: Correction - shared variables
From: Robert Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 8 Sep 2008 17:40:51 -0000

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008, I wrote :
>Variables declared in a block defined as "udata_shr" are shared memory.
<snip>
> This is "udata_ovr" memory, which is "overlayed".

Mea culpa - I misspoke. Specifically while writing from the top of my
head I got the "overlay" and "shared" definitions swapped. Sadly the
GPASM manual gives no explanation at all, and I don't feel entirely
unjustified in suggesting that perhaps Microchip's use of "sharebank" to
denote memory that's duplicated at other addresses is perhaps not the
most intuitive terminology. Especially when they use the word "share" in
their explanation of overlays...

Anyway, the rule is:
   udata_shr means it's shared between bank selections (14-bit devices)
   udata_ovr means it can get overlaid by variables in other files
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |