gnupic: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set

Subject: Re: Status on enhanced 14-bit instruction set
From: Peter Stuge ####@####.####
Date: 13 Feb 2010 07:28:14 -0000

Hi Joseph,

I'm very happy that you're on the mailing list!

####@####.#### wrote:
> I added the enhanced instruction set to GPASM 2 years ago when we
> were defining the instruction set.  I passed the modifications on
> to the list.

I tried to find this patch, but did not succeed.

I used Nabble to search for all threads where you posted:
http://old.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=Julicher&local=y&forum=2057

And in the two "Enhanced PIC16 Architecture" threads there's only
ever mention of you sending code directly to David, who said he would
upload patches to the patch tracker on SF.net. Maybe he get a patch
and failed to upload, or got a tarball and did not make a patch from
it, or, well, it doesn't matter much..

> I can provide the version (old) of GPASM that we used to generate
> code for the chip simulations.

Yes please. That gives people a codebase to work with, and if you've
shipped this version of gputils then you're bound by the license to
also give out the changed code. (I'm sure you're well aware of the
GPL already.)

To get the most out of open source projects it is fairly important to
work closely with the project, hopefully that can help avoid
situations like this where important code starts to bitrot.

Let's start by making a patch against the old svn. Please send the
code that you have, and please indicate which svn revision you based
it on.

//Peter