gnupic: What Serial Port Programmers Will Work?

Subject: What Serial Port Programmers Will Work?
From: "Martin G. McCormick" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Oct 2001 15:32:38 -0000

	I got on the gnupic list last June or so and then
immediately got involved in things here at work and kind of got
side-tracked but I am now back doing the fun things of life
again.

	I have three programmers right now that all use a serial
port.  The Old PICStarts in their original configuration such as
the PICStart-B and PICStart-C programmers plus a Warp17
programmer I bought from Newfound Electronics about 2 years ago.

	Will any of these work with the present software?

	my Linux system presently has a serial port, but it is in
use as a TTY so I will have to stick in a second serial port for
the programmer.

	The PIC's I presently have around are 16F84's, a 16C71,
some 16C54's and 12C509's.
As you can see, nothing particularly new or unusual.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group