gnupic: gpsim and gpasm are in CVS

Subject: gpsim and gpasm are in CVS
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 11 Feb 2000 15:19:27 -0000

James Bowman contacted me out of the blue this past week. After asking how
he and his wife, Kate (IIRC), have been, he writes:

---

I've been kept pretty busy by work, and the arrival of "kid C", Saffron,
in December.  She was big (for us) at 8.5 lbs, and has been growing fast
ever since.

---

So we now know why James had 'disappeared'. The good news is that he has
moved gpasm to CVS. After explaining my recent changes, he writes:

---

Yes indeed, sounds like I should add you as co-administrator of gpasm
and let CVS handle the merge.  I haven't changed mpasm at all since
0.0.8, so the merge should be trivial.

I've moved the gpasm homepage to http://gpasm.sourceforge.net

---

So about 3 or 4 days ago I merged my changes over. While there's certainly
some CVS cleanup that's needed, it's in a very usable form right now. The
gpasm project is located here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2298

If you go there, you'll find instructions on how to check code out. I'm
sure there'll ge additional explanations in the future. (James C.?)

Now, independent of James' and my conversation, Ralf also asked about CVS
for gpsim. So I went ahead and created the sourceforge accounts for gpsim
too:

https://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2341

I just checked everything in a few hours (about 6:00am U.S. central time)
so the repository may not reflect the most up-to-date information.
However, everything IS there and I have been able to check it out from a
different computer (than the one from which I made the submission). It
should work for you as well too.

Note, there have been no changes made to gpasm or gpsim since the last
announcements (unless Ralf manages to squeeze one in without my knowing
:). If you've already got these, there's not any need to checkout the code
from CVS. However, as Ralf and I make all of our little micro-revisions,
we'll be placing them in CVS instead of making the micro-releases. So if
you have to be on the bleeding edge, you might want to get familiar with
CVS and sourceforge.

Scott