gnupic: my hardware programmer

Subject: my hardware programmer
From: Carlos Nieves Onega ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 2001 20:38:50 -0000

Hi all,
is there anyone in the recently opened cump list?.
Well, Aurelien Jarno has asked for more information of what I'm doing.
I'll post this mail to both mailing lists, but I think the next mail
will be only for the cump mailing list open by Aurelien, or any other
you all choose.
My programmer is quite simple, and quite complicated.
Its power supply is a switching power supply, with 3 outputs, one for
the programmer logic, and two software programmable ones. I use chips
from National and Power Integrations.
You can route every pin of a 48 pin socket to any programmable power
supply by software, and read the voltage on any pin. All that is
controlled by a F876, which only knows about reading a pin, setting a
voltage on one power supply, and setting what power supply route to each
pin (or even don't route nothing to a pin, or connect it to ground).
All the timings and what signals use, and so on is controlled by a
serial port, by a PC or whatever you want (you even could think in a
small board controlling this one, if you want, but that is another
problem).
You could connect up to 255 programmers at the same serial port, and
program the same in all, or control every programmer independently.
And of course, the firmware is upgradable, with a serial port loader.
That's the specifications of my programmer.
And that's all, so simple and so difficult.
The cost of all that could be high (I mean 300USD or 400USD, but I have
not calculated it, it's approximated, and of course, it will depend on
quantities), but the cost will depend on how many pins you want to
control: less pins, less money.
I also have contacts inside an electronic manufacturing company, so if
you want one of this or one of the future CUMP programmer in the future,
I could talk with them, to get it manufactured and sent to you. I'm
doing this in my spare time, and for me, so I will try to keep the lower
cost possible.
I prefer not to publish the schematics by now, because they are untested
and I'm sure they will not work, so I don't want to get mails saying:
"Eh! This doesn't work, you are a *FD***". I may have made some
decissions in the design and many people could not agree with them, but
some of them is what I want, and maybe in the others I can be wrong... I
don't know yet.
Of course, all information will be public, so you will do whatever you
want with it.
With this information, you should be able to guess the schematic of my
programmer. It's concept is quite simple.
Regarding the CUMP, since I'm doing something quite similar, I could
help in the design of it, based on my previous experience with that.
I'll be happy to contribute to design and got it working and finished.

And at the same time we are making the programmer, other people should
be thinking on the software to control it...  and whatever hardware is
out there... so it would be nice to get two teams working, one on
hardware and one on software.

Regards,

Carlos

mensaje enviado desde http://www.iespana.es
emails (pop)-paginas web (espacio ilimitado)-agenda-favoritos (bookmarks)-foros -Chat