gnupic: PIC programmers for Linux

Subject: Re: PIC programmers for Linux
From: "James Newton. Admin 3" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Nov 2001 02:11:54 -0000

The Pockey is by the same guy as the Engine but is for serial devices only and has an onboard menu, program storage and mini-assembler for field patching the target code. A TOTALLY cool tool if you work with serial programmable PICs on the field. <PLUG>He has kits available at cost and I have some on stock for immediate shipping on the US.</PLUG>

Tony intended to re-write the pocket to use the engine tokins and to offer modules for parallel and other device support, but his new baby, and lack of community support has put all that on hold.

I think CUMP base unit could be with or without LCD via conditional compilation.

In any case the PIC in the Pocket, and the CUMP could be bootloaded with Tonys ROM Zap bootloader.

Tony has done so much for us and is on the verge of closing his site...
...please let hom know you care.

James Newton (webmaster, former Admin #3)
1-619-652-0593