gnupic: Thanks. Charlie.

Subject: Thanks. Charlie.
From: Charlie ####@####.####
Date: 26 Nov 2001 20:10:36 -0000

Thanks for all the advice (and advertisements) you guys gave me. I'm going to
have to think carefully about what I need. That two-component one looks good, I
suppose I could play around with that until I get a little more serious.
Besides the 16whatwasitagain looks suitable for my application (security
devices). The PICSTART looks good because it seems to program everything, and
has a nice plastic case and looks idiot proof.

Sorry about the gpsim thing. To be honest, I've only used it once, and it was
pretty late at night, and I couldn't make out the text on the buttons
(caffeine/tiredness/caffeine+tiredness must cause loss of focus), so I just
pressed them. The program's response to the stimulus was less than positive. (I
think it seg. faulted. I can't remember what I did to make it do this. I'll
send a core + backtrace if it happens again).

If I get into this PIC thing, I'll try to write a nice GUI on top of any decent
programmer I can find, to make it more idiot-proof (any suggestions on which
programmer?)

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and advice,

Charlie Dyson - ####@####.####

(Yahoo! advert follows...)