gnupic: Unified Programmer Application???

Subject: Unified Programmer Application???
From: Eric Molitor ####@####.####
Date: 13 Dec 2001 20:49:55 -0000

I've been lurking for a little while but this is my first post to the
list. (So bear with my ignorant bliss and poor spelling...)

gpsim and gpasm are great applications and I've been using them on and
off for a little while now. It seems like gpprog is something that
should exist. Basically an app that takes intel hex files and programs
devices using a modular driver type architecture to access the actual
programmer. Maybe this has been addressed before, but right now it seems
there is basically a programming app for each style of programmer
(serial or pic).

Is there a program I've missed that does this? Or is there some
technical reason why you couldnt move the driving logic for each device
into libraries and utilize one application (with the appropriate library
for whatever type programmer you have.) to do the actual programming.

Cheers,
   Eric