nanogui: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: Microwindows plans

Subject: RE: [linuxce-devel] Re: Microwindows plans
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 1999 20:12:47 -0000

: 0.9.0 is newer

Ben - thanks for responding.  I've pulled down both, and figured
that 0.9.0 was most recent.

BTW, I've [re]written the framebuffer and linear mode stuff from scratch
(actually, by understanding all of your code) for the next release of microwindows.
I've credited yourself in all the files, although they're not strictly GPL, since
we're going with MPL/GPL.. I hope you're ok with this.

	The reason for the rewrite is that I'm going to use all the linear
framebuffer routines for writing to off-screen bitmaps, and the procedures
then need an "address" parameter which will either be the framebuffer address
or the offscreen memory address.  By adding the new blit screen driver entry point,
then microwin/nanox can use the same driver to draw screen or off-screen, and
then blit can be used to quickly copy from offscreen to screen with no conversion.
This is almost ready to go, and will prevent some ugly flickering for instance
in the 3d demo.
	In addition, the latest cut (0.85, posted shortly) supports
all framebuffer devices from 2bpp, 4bpp, 8bpp, 16bpp and 32bpp, as
well as vga 4bpp planar.  Truecolor and palette (pseudocolor) are
also fully supported.  We're planning on adding support for the static_pseudocolor
devices that don't allow palettes to be loaded, like the Everex Freestyle palm pc.