nanogui: Re: [Handhelds] Re: Small open source web browser introduced

Subject: Re: [Handhelds] Re: Small open source web browser introduced
From: ####@####.#### (Jim Gettys)
Date: 17 Jul 2000 21:24:27 -0000

Remember: we're running out of a 16 megabyte ramdisk this instant: even
with 16 megabytes burned on ramdisk there is lots of space (until we use
it up, that is!) much/most of which we get back as soon as we cut over to
cramfs/jffs...  And in this configuration after X is running in our demo
we still have something like 6 megabytes free.

Also, remember I've seen serious estimates of what could be done on the
GTK+ side, though that isn't under my control (I was asked not to make
them public, so I haven't circulated them).

Given the data I have in hand, I just refuse to be scared about going
with a more modern tookit and/or environment: the question is exactly
what, not whether.

Data is worth tons more than rapid hand movement.

And paying once for a good toolkit that returns alot by small executables
may be a very good trade.  The issue is really how many bytes a suite
of applications take, not the absolute size of the toolkit, which
may (or may not) be carrying its weight).

					- Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Technology and Corporate Development