nanogui: microwindows cross compilation problems for assabet on debian

Subject: Re: microwindows cross compilation problems for assabet on debian
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 17 Apr 2001 14:24:00 -0000

Mridul Jain wrote:

<snip>
> Then I ran make xconfig and configured for arm-linux.
> Then I ran make clean
> Then make.
> But when I ran make it was not able to find files like
> stdio.h ,stdlib.h etc.
> So I copied all the files from /usr/include on my
> debian to /microwin/include.

OUCH!  That is very dangerous!  The include files that you are looking
for are specific for the strongarm architecture.
Don't try to substitute your standard x86 include files, it will only
cause problems.  You need to make sure that you have
installed all of your strongarm header files and libraries into the
appropriate location (I'm not sure where they live on Debian).
Then the errors should go away.  But you need to be extremely careful
not to mix x86 and strongarm files, as they will cause you
many errors until you get it worked out.

Try running:  'arm-linux-gcc --print-search-dirs' -- that will tell you
the default search directories for the arm-linux compiler.  Then, make
sure that you have installed all of the appropriate header file and
libraries in those directories, clean Microwindows and try again.

Jordan