nanogui: is multithread program supported by flnx of nano-X?

Subject: Re: is multithread program supported by flnx of nano-X?
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 30 Apr 2001 14:42:11 -0000

But don't take that to mean that you can't have multithreaded programs with
Microwindows.  What you need is one thread that handles all of the drawing,
and a second thread that handles all of the other operations (but absolutely
*no* FLNX or Microwindows calls).  You will need to set up semaphores and
message queues, but then you will have no problems at all.  For a great
example of how this works, see ViewML.  It has a main thread that draws the
UI, and a secondary thread that handles the network communications.

Jordan

On Saturday 28 April 2001 09:32, Gary James mentioned: