nanogui: Comparision of linux/bsd emb. hardware by price

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Comparision of linux/bsd emb. hardware by price
From: "John Zulauf" ####@####.####
Date: 23 May 2001 23:24:45 -0000

Nahuel,

it all depends on how deeply embedded a platform you are looking for, what
level of functionality you want to have, what type of device you are looking
to build.  Embedded linux platforms start with tiny microcontrollers like
the http://www.lineo.com/products/ucsimm/ and include low power x86
solutions (essentially PC-on-a-chip systems) such as
http://www.arcom.co.uk/products/icp/pc104/processors/SBC_GX1.htm
http://www.dspdesign.com/tp400prod.htm with lots of data points in between
and alternative platforms.  (apologies if the my National.com bias leaked
through in that bit).  Others, I'm sure will have their most and least
favorites and recommendations

Best Regards,

John Zulauf
National Semiconductor