nanogui: Cyrix CS5330 and frame buffer

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Cyrix CS5330 and frame buffer
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jun 2001 16:35:26 -0000

Like Alex said, the image rescaling is done in GdStretchImage().  Despite the
fact that I would love to see this function optimized as much as possible, I
would be very leery of adding any processor specific code to the Microwindows
engine (especially MMX).  I would hate to have to stick another level of
complexity into the system.  If people have trouble understanding cross
compiling, then adding adding three different x86 processor types into the
mix would only confuse further.

So the three questions are:

1.  Is the GdStretchImage() so finely optimized that going to assembly is our
only option, or is there more processor independent tweeking that we can do?

2.  Since most image drawing is done on smaller images, is this even an
issue?  Is the draw to pixmap and blit to screen sufficent?

3.  Why is this our only cached image drawing routine in the first place?
Where is GrDrawImage()???

Jordan

On Monday 25 June 2001 10:06, Alex Holden mentioned: