nanogui: How to do SCANKBD device

Subject: How to do SCANKBD device
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2004 22:59:31 +0100

Can anybody get me started on getting a SCANKBD device running and used
by nano-X instead of using the TTYKBD.?

I have written a psuedo driver that reads the scanned device in a thread
and then use GrInjectKeyboardEvent back to the launching window app. Of
course the major drawbacks of doing it this way are it can only go to
one window id and the focus calls have no effect on it. And I need to
have it's output behave EXACTLY like TTYKBD.

What else do you need to do to use SCANKBD? /dev/name, major and minor
numbers, etc.

tj