nanogui: Project's activity reaching 0% ?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Project's activity reaching 0% ?
From: Alain Volmat ####@####.####
Date: 17 May 2005 14:04:36 +0100

Hi Greg,

I am happy to see that as I expected, I am not the only one who don't want
nanox to disapear.

> In order to keep this project moving forward, I suggest allowing access
> to the http, ftp, and cvs servers.   For maintenance, we need a couple
> of people extremely familiar with the project internals. Since most
> folks aren't expert on both nano-X and win32 APIs, and most patches I
> receive fall squarely into one of the other of these, I suggest a nano-X
> maintainer, and a win32 maintainer.  I have a couple of folks in mind
> I think could do the job, any volunteers or suggestions?  (Obviously
> the time commitment is important here).

Could you tell us a bit more about your ideas ? I think the list member
kind of agreed about this idea (since nobody said to stop :D). Maybe you
should ask some guys about nanox/win32 maintainer job, what do you think ?
I also think splitting nanox / win32 is a good idea since most of guy use
only one of the API. However since win32 and nanox share the same lower layer
code, I am a bit worrying about management of such part (for example drivers
are all shared by the 2 API right? ).

> I will release 0.91, it's almost exactly what I posted as
> microwindows-src-snapshot.tar.gz on the ftp site.  That needn't
> slow progress, however.  The folks that actually maintain the project
> should probably update the web pages, to keep most accurate information.
> I'm going to follow some suggestions of Alain's and move most old
> release information to a seperate page, and fix a few broken links.
>
> I agree that getting 0.92 ready will be a lot of work.  I'll create
> a patches-0.92 directory under the main ftp tree, and load
> the various patches I've received there.  In this way, all of us
> can determine and help sequence these patches into 0.92.

I'm really looking forward to starting again nanox development.

Regards,

Alain