nanogui: config files -> config.h

Subject: Re: [nanogui] config files -> config.h
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jun 2005 05:58:11 +0100

: There are also some settings right now already in the source files:
: HAVE_MMAP (device.h, devimage.c)
: USE_ALLOCA (device.h)
: HAVEFLOAT (device.h, devarc.c, devpoly.c)
: USE_FLOAT (devpoly.c)
: HIGHPRECISION (devarc.c)

Sorry I'm taking so long in responding to posts.
The original idea was to have all changeable limits and
environment-defined options set in include/device.h.
I agree that HAVE_, USE_, and HAVE* settings could
be made more similar, as suggested in your devpoly.c patch.

However, the original intent of the microwindows distribution was
to keep the system very simple, including the make system, which
would allow 1) ease of understanding the whole system, 2) widespread
use on a variety of OS's and make systems.  Because of this, I've
tried to shy away from sophisticated make systems that need extra
or non-existent tools to complete.  Having said this, device.h is
included in almost every file, and fills the purpose of your config.h
idea.  Device.h is for private internal definitions only.

After patching most of the 0.92 patches, we should probably
go ahead and orthogonalize the #define names.