plustek: Test Version 0.42-0 (Parallelport and USB) + RPMS

Subject: Test Version 0.42-0 (Parallelport and USB) + RPMS
From: Kyrian ####@####.####
Date: 20 Feb 2002 19:44:19 -0000

All,

A couple of things...

"RPMS

Kev Green provides RPMS for the USB stuff based on SANE-1.0.6. You might
want to check this out at http://kyrian.ore.org/RPMS. Please note, that
we cannot provide any RPM
archives for the parallel port modules."

I've got SANE-1.0.7 RPMS up there now, including one with the 0_42_0
test code in it, sane-backends-1.0.7-3.i386.rpm.

Under that code, kernel 2.4.17, and RedHat 7.2, using a Plustek UT12, I
get repeatable scanning and previews with just one problem, being that
the scanner light doesn't go off after scanning unless I unplug the
scanner and plug it in again. I guess there's a config option to alter
this behaviour or something... I've not had time to look yet...

Also, I'd probably be willing to compile RPM's for the parallel port
versions if someone's willing to step forward and test them for me...
and if Gerhard is ok with it, of course ;-)

Although for some reason I've yet to fathom, RPM is not letting me put
Plustek-USB.txt into the docs for the RPM, and not telling me why..
*shrug*. I will suss that out for the next RPM version...

K.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian.   Email: ####@####.####   Web:
http://kyrian.ore.org/