plustek: i have a prblem

Subject: Re: i have a prblem
From: Pat and Lee Ann ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2002 14:08:30 -0000

That was not very helpful!  In these uncertain times we must encourage understanding between all cultures and peoples including our arabic speaking neighbours.

That said, to get you scanner working properly in Windows XP:  On boot, go into your bios configuration screen.  Low level format all your drives (Warning this will result in data loss).  Purchase or borrow any good Linux distro (Mandrake is very good for new users and supports arabic).  Follow the instrucions on the website and voila, you scanner will work.

If for some odd reason you wish to keep Windows XP, please contact either the vendor of the scanner or Microsoft as this list deals strictly with Linux scanner  support.

Best of luck!