plustek: scanimage will not find my UT12

Subject: Re: scanimage will not find my UT12
From: John Mellor ####@####.####
Date: 25 Mar 2002 12:08:28 -0000

Gerhard,
It has taken me forever to sort this out, but essentially you were right
about it being an old installation causing the problem.  However, I was
thrown off the scent by the fact that it was not old bits of
sane-backends, but a complete old libsane1. I replaced this with 1.0.7
and voila - I have a scanner! After, of course, the usual Catch 22
business of libsane1 needing sane-backends and sane-backends needing
libsane1 before either would install.  I solved this by the
time-honoured method of lying and cheating (otherwise known as
--nodeps).
     Thanks again for your trouble, and also to Aleksander who took
trouble to try and help me.