plustek: new driver epson iscan style

Subject: new driver epson iscan style
From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jun 2002 14:01:24 -0000

Sorry about that other, very bulky post, I was frustrated with
messing around with the "official" epson iscan driver for the last
month.

Anyway, I edited every Makefile I could find in the tree and made it
use gcc296, and that built and installed, although I see I did miss
a version number in my editing, but I don't know as thats
important.

However, attempting to run it, I get a "could not send to scanner"
advisory, and "scanimage --help -d epson" after setting the debug
level to 12 gets me this:
---------------
[root@coyote sane.d]# scanimage --help -d epson
Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...

Start image acquisition on a scanner device and write PNM image data
standard output.

-b, --batch[=FORMAT]       working in batch mode, FORMAT is
`out%d.pnm' or
                           `out%d.tif' by default depending on
--format
    --batch-start=#        page number to start naming files with
    --batch-count=#        how many pages to scan in batch mode
    --batch-increment=#    increase number in filename by an amount
of #
    --batch-double         increment page number by two for 2sided
originals
                           being scanned in a single sided scanner
    --format=pnm|tiff      file format of output file
-d, --device-name=DEVICE   use a given scanner device (e.g.
hp:/dev/scanner)
-h, --help                 display this help message and exit
-L, --list-devices         show available scanner devices
-f, --formatted-device-list=FORMAT similar to -L, but the FORMAT of
the output
                           can be specified: %d (device name), %v
(vendor),
                           %m (model), %t (type), and %i (index
number)
-T, --test                 test backend thoroughly
-v, --verbose              give even more status messages
-V, --version              print version information
    --accept-md5-only      only accept authorization requests using
md5
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epson to 12.
[epson] sane_init: iscan 1.0.6  <--note bad version number
[epson] sane_init, ># epson.conf<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># here are some examples for how to configure
the EPSON backend<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># SCSI scanner:<
[epson] sane_init, ># scsi EPSON<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># Parallel port scanner:<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x278<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x378<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x3BC<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># USB scanner - only enable this if you have an
EPSON scanner. It could<
[epson] sane_init, >#               otherwise block your non-EPSON
scanner from being<
[epson] sane_init, >#               recognized.<
[epson] sane_init, >USB /dev/usb/scanner0<
[epson] sane_init, >USB /dev/usb/scanner0<
[epson] attach(USB /dev/usb/scanner0)
[epson] SANE Epson Backend v1.3.0ek - 2002-6-10
[epson] attach(USB /dev/usb/scanner0)
[epson] attach: opening USB /dev/usb/scanner0
[epson] attach: open failed: Invalid argument
[epson] sane_open()
scanimage: open of device epson failed: Invalid argument
Type ``scanimage --help -d DEVICE'' to get list of all options for
DEVICE.

[epson] sane_get_devices()
List of available devices:
    plustek:/dev/usb/scanner0
[root@coyote sane.d]#

It looks as if I have a .conf file foobared, but no idea comes to
mind, help please.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M