plustek: HP2x00C and EPSON [was Epson 1250Photo]

Subject: Re: HP2x00C and EPSON [was Epson 1250Photo]
From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2002 11:24:20 -0000

On Thursday 18 July 2002 03:52, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
[...]
>Hi there, hi Gene,
>
>well I think I'm currently on a good way to improve the Plustek
>backend to make it work with the HP2x00C and the EPSON.
>One point is, that the lamp has not been switched off for
>these devices prior the dark-shading calibration stuff.
>I think I've fixed this in the test version 0.43-1.
>I also added support for the EPSON PHOTO: by using the switch
>enableTPA in the plustek.conf file, you can enable this feature,
>but it'S mnot tested yet and should only affect the lamp
> switching. For the TPA, I need the geometrical settings of the
> scan area...
>
>I'm not sure if my last mails about these issues has reached you,
>as my ISP seems to filter out certain sender adresses, but I've
>sent out a request to test this version with no response so far...

Ooooohhpppsss.  Yes I got it, but haven't had a chance to check it
out yet, sorry.  Now that I'm retired, I find that catching up on
the honeydo's is taking more time, and is harder work, than
working!  But then you knew that already...

This past week I've been trying to get the rotted out, falling down
split rail fence around the Ranchette brought back up to
appearances.  For that I have to cut a commercial $4 rail down to
size, and hunt for fencepost holes, which takes a long time per
hole because you have to dig so deep through tree roots and hard
red clay soil to confirm you've found one.  :-))  Yeah, I know,
don't quit my day job...

Doing 2 holes and 4 rails per day in this heat and humidity is about
all this old f--t is good for.  Its been in the high 80's at 90+%
here for a week, real killer weather, and its got me talking about
moving to Maine.  Or the south pole maybe.

>The other thing I'm currently working on is the motor control.
>This ain't no problem so far for the EPSON but for HP and UMAX
>devices. The upcomming structure allows a more flexible adjustment
>of the clock divider and PWM settings of the stepper motor for
> each device and not only for the Plustek scanner.
>
>It would be great, if some of you out there can check the lamp-
>switching behaviour esp. for HP and the shading stuff (EPSON)
>I know, that the EPSON driver leads into good results but you
>may find some time to help me to make it work here too.
>
>That's all so far, thanks for helping to improve this backend
>  Gerhard

Let me get caught up on the homework here (or some rainy weather so
I can take a break) and I'll be glad to investigate further.  But
after the fence, I have to make about 20 gallons of wood treatment
for aging decks etc dissappear too.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M