plustek: I killed my Epson perfection 1260 photo. Twice.

Subject: Re: I killed my Epson perfection 1260 photo. Twice.
From: David Burge ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2002 02:21:53 -0000

I also had a simular issue with the same model.  I had a Epson 1260 and used it
for a couple of days and when scanning at a resolution of 1200 it suddenly died
(no power lights or response).  After returning it to the store, I received another
scanner (an Epson 1260/Photo) and it so far seems to be working fine.

When it died I was using Sane 1.0.8 with plustek driver 0.44.9.  In fear that
this may have caused the failure I am using 1.0.9pre1 with plustek driver 0.44.10.
So far no issues, but I have not tried a 1200dpi scan as of yet.

As a side note:  With the other scanner, when I had previously tried scan of
1200dpi I would experience total system lock up.  Not even sysreq would allow
me to reboot.  Has any one else had issues scanning at resolution of 1200dpi or
greater?

Regards
David Burge

----- Forwarded message from alexander döen ####@####.#### -----