plustek: Merry X-mas...

Subject: Merry X-mas...
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Dec 2002 13:34:23 -0000

Hi all out there,

merry Christmas to all of you and a peaceful year 2003.
I'd like to thank all of you for supporting the Plustek-backend
stuff and for having that patience with me.
This year it happend that the code you got is probably repsonsible
for some scanner damages - I apologise for that.
I also couldn't spent that much time in the improvement so there
are quite a lot of open points.
In the meantime, I managed to got some more test-devices even
an EPSON 1260Photo and various Canon models so I hope it's
possible to fix all the open problems.
The plan is to release version 0.46-1 before new years day.
Highlights should be:
- HP2200C support without the calibration problems
- UMAX 3400 support
- EPSON 1260 support (without damaging the scanner and
   TPA autodetection)
- CanoScan 1240 and 1220 support
- working calibration for CIS (namely Canon) devices

If all this has been done, I plan to check the old parport code
to fix various scan problems. I know that some of you out there
still use these rather old scanners but they work - sorry that I
focused my work on the USB stuff.

That's all for now guys - enjoy a couple of days off and take care
  Gerhard