plustek: My photo isn't red?! Is it?

Subject: Re: My photo isn't red?! Is it?
From: Tommy Schonfeld ####@####.####
Date: 27 Dec 2002 09:18:38 -0000

Thank you,

I'll try this this evening (I am at work now).

The errors I have been getting so far are a bit
suspicious. I tried the iscan which cannot send
commands to my scanner. When I do:

xsane epson:/dev/usb/scanner0

It can't find any scanner

and when I do:

xsane plustek:/dev/usb/scanner0

It runs but produces iffy results in red :)

I wonder if this model isn't a slightly different (not
genuine?) model?

I'll try your configurations tonight.
Thank you
Uri Schonfeld

--- Gene Heskett ####@####.#### wrote:
> On Thursday 26 December 2002 16:54, Uri Schonfeld
> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a problem and wondered if you/anyone could
> help.
> >
> >I just bought an epson perfection 1250.
>
> I have one of these too.
>
> >I run mandrake 8.2
> >kernel  2.4.18-6mdk
> >newly compiled sane 1.0.9 (front and back ends)
> >xsane 0.89
> >and the picture still turns out red and
> inconsistent.
> >I editted dll.conf, plustek.conf
> >
> >As far as I read this model should  work.
> >What am I doing wrong?
> >
> >BTW
> >It does work under windows so the scanner itself is
> o.k
> >
> >Thank you very much for your help,
> >Uri Schonfeld
>
> I'm taking this offlist because I'm going to send
> you my dll.conf,
> plustek.conf and epson.conf files from my
> /usr/local/etc/sane.d
> directory.  I also have the epson iscan-1.4
> installed, and with
> this setup, I get a requestor from xsane asking me
> which backend I
> want to use since there are two available.  It runs
> with either
> one, but gives slightly better results with the
> epson/kiowa iscan
> backend.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
> Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
> 99.20% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV
hillbilly> # enable the next line if you want to allow
access