plustek: still problem with mandrake

Subject: Re: Re: still problem with mandrake
From: "Karl Loncarek" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Sep 2000 17:40:31 -0000

kevin ####@####.#### schrieb am 24.09.00:
> Karl Loncarek wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found som problems when compiling sane. The configure script always
> > claims that no gtk-config was found. I checked and saw it wasn't
> > installed. Then I installed it and several other libraries, but the
> > configure script still claims: GTK not installed.
> > does anyone know an answer?
> >
> > Thank a lot
> >
> > Charly
> >

> If you installed the libraries using rpm's then the
> /etc/ld.so.conf, file which contains a list of directories to
> search, should have been updated, as well as the search list
> (generated by running "ldconfig"). It wouldn't hurt to run
> "ldconfig -v" (-v gives an output) again. Also, the sane config
> file probably did not get updated. You can run "CFLAGS="-g -O
> -Wall" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local (or whatever you used
> before)" and that should rebuild the config file. If it still
> doesn't find the libraries, well I've had this happen; you migh
> fix it by deleting the config.cache file in the sane directory and
> then running CFLAG.. again, but I usually just delete the entire
> sane directory and start over from the tar file. Don't forget to
> untar the plustek file as well if you do this.
>
> 	Kevin

Thanks a lot for your hint. I already did the long way: I reinstalled everything because I thought there are still libraries missing.

NOW GTK is recognized. But it still does not work. scanimage does not find a SANE device. I tried also 'depmod -a': It says: "unresolved symbols in pt_drv.o"

The driver seems to be OK as the scanner turns light off after the 180 secs.
Is it possible that still some libraries are missing for compiling SANE?
For example scsi.h is not found. Does this matter?

Do I make any mistakes? I did it the same way the installation instruction told me to.

Does anyone have hints or even better a solution?

Thanks again for your help. Sorry, I'm still a newbie to linux.
(Before I changed to Mandrake I had SUSE and it worked, so where is the mistake?)

Bye  Charly

####@####.#### 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de