plustek: still problem with mandrake

Subject: Re: Re: still problem with mandrake
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Sep 2000 06:34:18 -0000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Karl Loncarek wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your hint. I already did the long way: I reinstalled everything because I thought there are still libraries missing.
>
> NOW GTK is recognized. But it still does not work. scanimage does not find a SANE device. I tried also 'depmod -a': It says: "unresolved symbols in pt_drv.o"
>
> The driver seems to be OK as the scanner turns light off after the 180 secs.
> Is it possible that still some libraries are missing for compiling SANE?
> For example scsi.h is not found. Does this matter?
>
> Do I make any mistakes? I did it the same way the installation instruction told me to.
>
> Does anyone have hints or even better a solution?
>
> Thanks again for your help. Sorry, I'm still a newbie to linux.
> (Before I changed to Mandrake I had SUSE and it worked, so where is the mistake?)
>
> Bye  Charly

Hi Charly,

I have no idea why this Mandrake Distribution makes so much trouble!!!!
Anyway:
I'd like to say: If scanimage works and the driver has been loaded you can't be
far away from success and you can savely ignore the other stuff...
There are some points you can check:
- Is there a /dev/pt_drv device and do you (as user) have the correct
   access-rights?
- What about your sane-configuration? (Should be in /etc/sane.d or
   /usr/etc/sane.d), have a look at the dll.conf and enable plustek
- Again in your configuration is a file named plustek.conf, check inside for
   /dev/pt_drv
Check our mailing list for "device not found" maybe you'll find some more hints
about that.

If you have done this, enable the debug-facility of sane before starting
scanimage -L.
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=12
and post the output to the list for further diagnostics.

If you have success or not, let us know.
Gerhard