plustek: Scanner Sometimes Works

Subject: Re: Scanner Sometimes Works
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2001 08:18:35 -0000

This looks like the problem we have on other configurations
and it seems, that this is communication problem which affects
some kind of parallelport-hardware. The problem is known, and
I hope to path this one day ;-)

I think there are two things you can try:
1. simply connect the scanner to lp0 and the printer to lp1
2. leave the scanner on lp1 and change the #if 0 define in the
    file plustek_driver/h/plustek_scan.h (at line 72 or so) to #if 1.
    Then recompile and reinstall the driver.

Tell us if one of the points will help.
Gerhard