plustek: Scanner Sometimes Works

Subject: Re: Scanner Sometimes Works
From: "G. Jaeger" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jan 2001 17:57:21 -0000

Hi Paul,

good news so far, although they could be better ;-)
Anyway. I will try to improve that parport code, but
it's hard to make all different hardware work. I think
even the Linux parport driver has problems with the
port, as it reports 0x678 instead of the whole stuff like
for lp0:
>>kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [SPP,PS2,EPP]
>>kernel: parport1: PC-style at 0x278 (0x678), irq 3, dma 3

Anyway, I hope the "workaround" is a solutionn you can live
with.

Gerhard