plustek: scanning speed

Subject: Re: scanning speed
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 14 May 2001 06:56:03 -0000

Hi,

here we have the problem of your working box...
AFAIR you're using SPP mode to make the scanner work. This mode
is pretty slow - this is a hardware limitation. I suggest to play around with
the parport modes - I know you had problems with that. You might remove
the printer, you can try and use the current driver 0.39 which allows to
play around with forced parport-modes and timings of the I/O functions...
Anyway. To have a better scanning performance I think you should
try to set the parport mode to EPP, or at least to PS/2 to have a 8bit
bidirectional communication...

Gerhard