plustek: Re: Problem with Plustek 4830 P scanner [success]

Subject: Re: Problem with Plustek 4830 P scanner [success]
From: Alimin Bijosono Oei ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jul 2001 14:53:29 -0000

Sorry my fault!
The mknod command was wrong:
mknod -m 664 /dev/pt_drv c 40 0
And if the module has been loaded, you can check the
proc-fs:

cat /proc/pt_drv/device0/info

This should show you the loaded device. In your case
it is not necessary to remove th IEEE stuff, because
you had already managed to load pt_drv ...

The modprobe problem is still strange....
If you like to use the makefile, then find the line
load:
there you might replace /sbin/modprobe by /sbin/insmod

then make load should work and the nodes were created
automatically...

Gerhard

Thanks Gerhard, the scanner is detected now. I haven't
tried it out yet, but I believe it should work fine.
About the 'make load' I have no idea  because I tried
with Mandrake 8 installed on my computer as well and
the same '/sbin/modprobe' problem happened so it's not
only happened to my Redhat 7.1.

If anyone experience the same thing with their Redhat
7.1 or Mandrake 8 it would be a good idea to share for
the benefit of all.

Anyway, again, thank you for the kind help.

Cheers,
Alimin