plustek: Re: EPSON 1250 - next one...

Subject: Re: EPSON 1250 - next one...
From: Reinhard Max ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2002 15:40:16 -0000

Hi,

putting this thread back to the mailing list....

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 at 14:08, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:

> The lamp problem hasn't been fixed, I hope Reinhard is able to fix
> this - to detect, where the lamp will be switched off...

There must be something that sets the misc I/O registers back to the
defaults as defined in plustek-devs.c _after_ the call to
usb_LampOn().

I haven't yet had the time to investigate this furter.
Maybe this evening...

BTW, I can confirm what Gene wrote about the sensor carier banging
against the home position after every scan.

Well, at least I finally get something out of the scanner, but what it
looks like depends on the RAM setting.

If the RAM size is set to 512k I get a very dark black on red image of
the sample which strangely seems to become even darker the longer the
lamp is on. After two or three scans the result becomes plain black.

When I set the RAM size to 2M, I get a result which could be divided
into three parts.

First comes a sharp image of the top of the page, but still black on
red with some random green and blue vertical lines in it. The hight of
this area seems to depend on the resolution. The lower the resolution
the higher is the sharp part. It looks like the sharp area always
contains about the same amount of data.

The next area looks like would call digital dissortion. Horizontal and
Vertical lines in different colors take over the image.

The rest of the page is just grey noise.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words. So if desired I can post
examples of my results to the list or send them via personal mail, if
that may help to explain this behaviour.

cu
	Reinhard