plustek: adding support for additional lm983x based scanners

Subject: Re: adding support for additional lm983x based scanners
From: "Jaeger, Gerhard" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2002 18:02:20 -0000

Hi Allan,

Sorry for the late response!

On Friday, 25. January 2002 23:33, Allan N. Hessenflow wrote:
> I'm trying to make a Umax 3420 scanner work with SANE.  It is a USB device
> with an LM9832.  I have made it turn the lamp on and off and do some scans
> (at least a lot of the time; sometimes it doesn't seem to be driving the
> stepper correctly), but so far the image data, while showing a recognizable
> shape, is way off.  So I'm trying to figure out how the calibration works,
> and how the sensor gain/offsets are set.  It looks like, besides finding
> the calibration areas for the scanner, I also need to know the CCD type,
> but do not know how to identify it.  I've looked and it is unmarked.  It's
> in a 22 pin DIP, in case that narrows it down any.
>
> allan

In general, it should be possible to add the UMAX 3420 to our device list.
If this scanner works partially for you, you might have all the necessary
information to open a new entry in the file plustek_devs.c.
As the Plustek code contains all of the calibration stuff, there's no need
to reinvent the wheel again...

As further information source you can have a look at:
http://scanjet2200c.sourceforge.net/ns-twain/

There are sample sources for the LM983x chipsets and ini stuff for
the UMAX 3400...

Hope this helps and hope, that you'll have a look at the Plustek backend
  Gerhard