plustek: What viewer can load a sane preview from the cache in /tmp?

Subject: Re: What viewer can load a sane preview from the cache in /tmp?
From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2002 14:36:54 -0000

On Saturday 09 February 2002 08:59 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Gerhard, Reinhard;
>
>I've added, probably in the wrong place but it works, a
> sleep(60) call after the lamp is being turned on in
> plustek-usbio.c.
>
>This had no effect on the amount of shading present in a preview
>window, and doing a full 600dpi scan to the viewer runs into the
>bleaching the viewer conversion does, removing the magenta
>shading from view.
>
>I was going to suggest I send the preview, but that file is a
>zero length file.  Is there any way to save it and use a
>different viewer later?  This would make the shading much more
>visible to everyone.
>
>Anyway, the sleep(60) did seem to effect it so I'm going to
> speed it up to a 10, and play with the ShadingOriginY which is
> currently set at 0, maybe I can find a better line in the
> paint.

Ancient fingers at work, "did" above is supposed to be "didn't"
I took the sleep back out, and in moving the ShadingOriginY down
10 at a time, I've run off the strip at about 60 as the preview
image is now bleaching its highlights.  0 to 50 in that slot all
give the same results, magenta edges, yellow center vertically.

I'm beginning to think I should take this one back as defective.
Has anyone ever cleaned the bottom of their glass?, this one
almost gives me the impression its full of cigarette smoke or
something.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M