plustek: Antwort: Re: USB Test-Version 41_4

Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: USB Test-Version 41_4
From: Gene Heskett ####@####.####
Date: 9 Feb 2002 17:07:20 -0000

On Friday 08 February 2002 01:06 pm, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
>Hi,
>
>in the meantime, I also got updated infos from Stefan Nilsen,
>who has a HP2200c, this scanner now also works much better...
>
>I plan to release the next stuff during the weekend, with
> support for warmup time and adjustmentof the scan-position via
> the configuration file.
>
>Maybe I also manage to make custom gamma tables work...
>
>Guys, keep on testing and thanks for that...
>We maybe also get the motor for the 1200dpi work
>  Gerhard
>
>> My shading problem is back too.  And I think that may be
>> reduced by more lamp warmup time before doing the calibration
>> phase.

On further testing, I just compared, in gimp, a 100dpi scan made
with only the existing delays (not much) in the code 41_4, and
one with an extra 60 seconds of sleep immediately after the call
that turns it back on in plustek-usbio.c.

No difference can be detected in side by side comparisons.  I am
getting the impression that either the lamp isn't such high
quality, or the calibration strip in mine is caca.  Those who got
the first image I sent will note its moreso on the left than the
right.   And I'm approaching the end of the 90 day warranty
period.

Of interest might be that the first preview of the day doesn't
show this effect quite as prominently as its a bit bleached
compared to subsequent scans.  But by re-running xsane and
quitting to shut off the lamp, or unplugging the psu, and letting
it rest for half an hour doesn't seem to do the same as an
overnight offtime in this regard.

Any other ideas on this?  Or should I be boxing this one up for a
trip back to Staples?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M