gnupic: Thread: information

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: information
From: Raynald Lesieur ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2001 09:49:29 -0000

Hello PIC users,

    I have tested GPASM on BeOS, and it work very good, but on this OS, you
can't
installed on /usr/local because this tree is not accessible by user.

    But, you can use it with shell script.

    example installation exec in  /home/gpasm
and all header file in /home/gpasm/header

    in gpasm directory you create one script shell

    gpasm -l header $*

    I have tested with pic16F84 and 16F876 and it work fine.

    I want to know, if I can put this application on Bebits, a BeOS
application server ?
And what are the legacy informations I must put on it ?

thank !

excuse me for my english  ;-)

plaisir.

Raynald Lesieur
Electronic Helper Engineer
E-mail : ####@####.####

>     I have tested GPASM on BeOS, and it work very good, but on

Thats good news.  Did you have to make any changes?  If you did,
please let me know.

>this OS, you
> can't
> installed on /usr/local because this tree is not accessible by user.

You can install gpasm in directories other than /usr/local:

./configure --prefix="some other place"

There are many other configure options.  For more details run:

./configure --help

>     But, you can use it with shell script.
>
>     example installation exec in  /home/gpasm
> and all header file in /home/gpasm/header
>
>     in gpasm directory you create one script shell
>
>     gpasm -l header $*

./configure --bindir=/home/gpasm --datadir=/home

Should get you there as well.

I am not familiar with BeOS.  Is installing executables in /home
typical?  It seems strange.

>     I have tested with pic16F84 and 16F876 and it work fine.
>
>     I want to know, if I can put this application on Bebits, a BeOS
> application server ?

Sounds good.

Please include your name and email as the point of contact on the binary
distribution.  Maybe in README.BeOS?

Somehow make public any patches you applied to the source.  Along with
instructions on how to reproduce the build.  This doesn't necessarily
have to be in the distribution, but that is a good place for it.

> And what are the legacy informations I must put on it ?

Include the following files:

AUTHORS
COPYING
ChangeLog