gnupic: Thread: DSPic

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: DSPic
From: Nigel Murphy ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2002 16:42:17 -0000

 Chaps, is there support for the DSPic in gpsim? I'm very interested in play around with this device soon. Nigel.
Subject: Re: DSPic
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 21 Mar 2002 16:46:17 -0000

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Nigel Murphy wrote:

>  Chaps, is there support for the DSPic in gpsim? I'm very interested
> in play around with this device soon. Nigel.

I'm afraid not.

Is the dsPic even availble yet? Last I checked I couldn't find a completed
data sheet containing the instruction set.

Scott

 I don't know if DSPic devices are ready, but they are on the microchip web site, with full data sheets (Including instruction sets). But It's still advanced information, so I guess the parts are not ready as yet.

 Regards Nigel.

Scott Dattalo wrote:

> Is the dsPic even availble yet? Last I checked I couldn't find a completed
> data sheet containing the instruction set.

No, they're not available yet. There aren't any "buy" links on the
Microchip site, and none of the distributors have any. They're still in
"Real Soon Now" state, which means that we may see them anywhere from
next week to never.