gnupic: Thread: Problem with LCD module in gpsim

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem with LCD module in gpsim
From: Carlos Ghirardelli ####@####.####
Date: 3 May 2002 15:18:53 -0000

Hi all,
	I'm running gpsim in suse 7.1 with Kernel 2.4.0-4GB and when i try to load
the lcd module version 0.1.1 from the example directory i get the followings
messagges:

-At the moment when is loaded the module:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3824 (gtk_widget_set_events):
assertion
`!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed.

-When i run the project:
LCD_CMD_SET_CGRAM
NOT SUPPORTED
LCD_CMD_CURSOR_DISPLAY
NOT SUPPORTED
UNKOWN command : 0x0

and i get any charecter on the display

$gtk-config --version said 1.2.10

If someone could help me, i would apreciated, thank you.
--
Carlos Ghirardelli - ####@####.####
	Córdoba, Argentina

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Carlos Ghirardelli wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I'm running gpsim in suse 7.1 with Kernel 2.4.0-4GB and when i try to load
> the lcd module version 0.1.1 from the example directory i get the followings
> messagges:
>
> -At the moment when is loaded the module:
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3824 (gtk_widget_set_events):
> assertion
> `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed.

Hmm. I see that too. I'll look into that.

> -When i run the project:
> LCD_CMD_SET_CGRAM
> NOT SUPPORTED
> LCD_CMD_CURSOR_DISPLAY
> NOT SUPPORTED
> UNKOWN command : 0x0
>
> and i get any charecter on the display

The LCD module does not support every single feature of the LCD. In this
case, gpsim is telling you that two commands were recognized, but are not
supported. A third command was not even recognized.

Now, even though the gtk error is displayed, the LCD module does run
correctly.  I suggest trying out the example software that is in the
lcd-0.1.1/examples subdirectory.

Invoke the example like this:

gpsim -c lcd_mod.stc

That will start gpsim, load the example, load the lcd, hook everything up,
etc. Then when you run it you should see the message "GPSIM WROTE THIS"
printed on the display.

If the example works, then either your software is using a feature that is
not supprted by the gpsim LCD Module or there is a bug in your code. If
it's the former and prevents your code from working, then please let me
know and I'll try to fix it.

Also, I'll look into the problems with gtk... (BTW, there is a graphical
bug in the LCD module. For some reason all of gpsim's windows get painted
with an LCD green background when the LCD module is loaded. I think I know
why.)

Regards,
Scott

>The LCD module does not support every single feature of the LCD. In this
>case, gpsim is telling you that two commands were recognized, but are not
>supported. A third command was not even recognized.
>
> Now, even though the gtk error is displayed, the LCD module does run
> correctly.  I suggest trying out the example software that is in the
> lcd-0.1.1/examples subdirectory.
>
> Invoke the example like this:
>
> gpsim -c lcd_mod.stc
>
> That will start gpsim, load the example, load the lcd, hook everything up,
> etc. Then when you run it you should see the message "GPSIM WROTE THIS"
> printed on the display.

That's right, the example works fine, the error messages about the
unsupported commands still appears when i the run the example, but is working
well.

> If the example works, then either your software is using a feature that is
> not supported by the gpsim LCD Module or there is a bug in your code. If
> it's the former and prevents your code from working, then please let me
> know and I'll try to fix it.

I'll check my code, i suppose i mismatch something because my code is working
fine with a real display from POWERTIP and i think it may work with gpsim.

> Also, I'll look into the problems with gtk... (BTW, there is a graphical
> bug in the LCD module. For some reason all of gpsim's windows get painted
> with an LCD green background when the LCD module is loaded. I think I know
> why.)
>
> Regards,
> Scott

Another question, it's possible to attach a node directly to VDD or VSS (1's
or 0's) without use a specifically pin?

Thank you again, Scott for your time and for your excellent work.

--
Carlos Ghirardelli - ####@####.####
	Córdoba, Argentina