gnupic: Thread: ckuskie@dalsemi.com: Best way to send patches to gputils?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ckuskie@dalsemi.com: Best way to send patches to gputils?
From: Colin Kuskie ####@####.####
Date: 20 Dec 2002 00:56:42 -0000

I got bit several times by putting F addresses into the P arguments of
MOVFP and MOVPF while programming a 17C4X series type PIC.  So I
modified directive.c, gperror.[ch] to include a warning if it detects
such happening.  The core of it is in directive.c:file_ok, where I did
this:

!   void file_ok(unsigned int file, unsigned int PvF)
    {
      if ((0 > file) || (file > state.maxram) || (state.badram[file])) {
	gpwarning(GPW_INVALID_RAM, NULL);
      }

+     if ((PvF == 1) && ((file & 0x1f) != file) ) {
+	gpwarning(GPW_INVALID_PREG, NULL);
+     }

Are you, the developers, interested in this as a patch, and if so,
what's the best way to send it (i.e preferred format)?

Thank you for making gpasm and the rest of the gputils, they've been
a great help for my project.

Colin
I prefer unified diffs (diff -u), but any patch is better than no patch.

I tested this one on MPASM.  It doesn't generate a warning.  That is a
little strange.

I am in the middle of COFF support for gputils right now.  I will review
this more throughly in a week or so.  Please create a new bug report on
sourceforge and attach the patch.  That will prevent it from being
forgotten.

Thanks.